Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The deodorant debate

When you run out, and you have to get another, there are sooo many to choose from! Like myself, I used to use Secret Natural Mineral. I figured the words natural and mineral meant it wasn't too bad. WRONG!

Most deodorants have aluminum in them which is an organ system toxicity. This rated a 4, at ewg.org/skindeep. And the worst is the "fragrance", companies can hide other non listed chemicals under this name. And not to mention it's linked to breast cancer and has also been linked to an increased risk of Alzheimer's Disease. That alone is scary.

So after doing some research, I decided to try one from etsy.com. A homemade deodorant with tea tree oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, beeswax, and white kaolin clay. Well, it didn't work. So off to do more research, I bought Jungleman All Natural Deodorant from Amazon.com. Ingredients were: Corn starch, sustainable palm oil from non-peat lands, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), and tea tree oil. It worked for a few weeks, then I was re-applying every couple of hours. I again did more research, I read about Arm & Hammer, Tom's of Maine, and even the crystal rock one. But from reviews they all said didn't work. So back to square one, I was using the Secret Natural Mineral. It worked, but yet I knew it was bad for me.

Until I tried Ava Anderson deodorant. Ingredients are: organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, aluminum free baking soda, organic arrowroot powder, organic tea tree essential oil, organic peppermint essential oil. And wa-la. I found the perfect one. It smells great, peppermint and it works! Yes, it did take about 1 week for my body to adjust, and yes I did have to apply it one night more than once, but after that once a day! I run and weight lift and have no issues. I recommend this to everyone!

So that's my deodorant story. I'm glad to have found something finally that works, is natural and isn't killing me at the same time! It is a little pricier than the store bought ones, but that is okay!

Ava Anderson Deodorant

Reference-Deodorant Dangers
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment