Friday, August 2, 2013

Triclosan

You've probably never heard of triclosan or you've seen it in the ingredients but have no idea what it is or does. It can be found in antibacterial soaps, lotions, cleansers, deodorants, detergents, toothpastes and mouthwashes.

It is a known endocrine disruptor, meaning it affects your hormonal system. It is also linked to asthma, allergies, and eczema. It's been found in breast milk and umbilical cord blood samples.

So next time you go to grab your hand sanitizer or wash your hands, you might want to think twice!

Source: Triclosan Dangers


**About a month ago, I went through the house and checked all our hand soaps and guess what?! Triclosan was the first ingredient. I threw all the soaps away. My husband flipped. He said it was "okay." That was until I read to him the dangers of it and how it was found in breast milk!.
On a side note, my daughters school sent out a supplies list and hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes were both listed. I am more than happy to provide an Ava Anderson Hand Sanitizer. As for the wipes, I was going to give the teacher a spray bottle with a water/vinegar mix and an essential oil like tea tree oil or lemon oil that they could use to spray down counters, tables and desks.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment